Friday, September 9, 2011

Memory lane

I first read the script for Laying Over in January. Jake and I met to talk about it over Thai food. I think I got the Pad See Ew. Not really sure though. I was like "This script's cool bro, if you want me to be Rachel then goddammit I'll do it."

Nine months later I'm also a co-writer and co-producer, and we've raised over SIX GRAND. But while I signed on in January 2011, this film's been a year and a half in the making. It's a labor of love for every single person involved, including everyone reading this post. We need your help to reach our fundraising goal of $8,000. We're only one week away from the deadline!

Everyone who knows me well knows that behind this hard gangsta exterior, I have a sentimental heart. I'm secretly a big fan of babies, cute puppies, and sappy movies. Hell, I even cried during Big Momma's House (you know the scene where Big Momma comforts Nia Long).

Thinking about how far we've come is a trip down memory lane. But we're not done yet. Oh no.

Click here to donate and help make "Laying Over" happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment